Owning a pool can be a great addition and investment for any property. While your pool can be a lot of fun to use throughout the summer months of the year, there will come a time each fall when you need to close it down for the winter. During this process, there are different steps to follow to ensure it is closed properly. One of these is to have your pool properly cleaned.
Why Cleaning a Pool is Important
When it comes to home pool maintenance in Montgomery County, PA, deep cleaning is one of the most important steps. There are various reasons why this service is so important prior to the winter season:
- Prevent Algae Growth – One of the largest challenges that can come with a pool is the quick development of algae. While the weather is colder in the winter, it can still grow in your pool over winter if there are any mild days. Adjusting the water chemistry and testing throughout the winter season is imperative to a proper winterization and will help prevent damage.
- Maintain Water Quality – An in-ground pool’s water level is drained below the tile and skimmer lines for a winterization. Any debris such as tree leaves, sticks, dirt, acorns, and more is also removed from the pool before closing. If the pool is properly cleaned, it can help to maintain your water quality. This can make it easier to get your pool opened the next season.
- Easier Opening – Ultimately, cleaning your pool before the winter each year will also make it easier to open your pool. When the pool is cleaned, there will be much less work to do in the Spring. This will allow you to enjoy your pool season and can save various maintenance costs.
Tips for Pool Deep Cleaning
It is clearly very important that you properly clean your pool prior to the winter each year. There are various tips and steps you should follow, which can ensure you are able to effectively have your pool winterized:
- Clean and Skim Pool – One of the most important tips that you can follow when it comes to maintaining your pool is to clean and skim the pool. Even small amounts of debris on the surface, on the pool floor, or in the filters can grow algae over time and be more difficult to clean in the Spring. Skimming and vacuuming the pool, cleaning out filters and backwashing is an important part of this process.
- Balance Water Properly – It is also important that you properly balance the water. While you will not be using the pool for several months, water imbalance can still happen if there are warm days throughout the winter season. This can be done by checking pH levels and using chemicals necessary to maintain the pH level.
- Cover the Pool – All pool owners should have a quality pool cover to use throughout the winter. Not only is this important for safety, but it can help prevent the pool from getting too dirty as debris will not be able to get into it. Many pool owners on the East Coast opt to have their pools closed at the beginning of September before the leaves start to fall. It’s recommended that the pool be covered during the winter to keep it free from debris and to also keep children, pets, and wild animals safe from falling inside.
When you’re in need of cleaning pool maintenance in Bucks County, you need a reliable pool cleaning and maintenance company to ensure your pool is properly cleaned and ready. Contact us today to learn more about the services we offer!