admin Pool and Patio Tagged
Just because the temperature is dropping, that doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying your patio. Here are a few ideas to help utilize your space when the summer season ends.
- Light It Up: As autumn approaches, the hours of sunlight begin to drop, sending you inside earlier and earlier. Extend the day by hanging a string of garden lights over your patio. Not only does it provide luminescence to continue your outdoor activities, but it improves the overall appearance of your space, creating the opportunity for plenty of evenings in the fall air.
- Create Cover:If your patio area isn’t covered, installing a pergola or canopy can shield you from the weather and extend the indoors into the outdoors. You can also look into cantilever umbrellas as a more cost effective option to create shade for a large area. It also gives a wonderful space for those pretty garden lights you’ll be hanging.
- Warm and Cozy:The easiest way to stay warm on your patio during cooler months is to grab a nice blanket, maybe hang a curtain and put down a rug. Even though it’s an outdoor space, you can add some indoor design elements to create a warm and welcoming space.
- Outdoor Kitchen:Just because the summer barbecue season has ended, that doesn’t mean you have to stop cooking meals outside. Opting to upgrade to an outdoor kitchen can expand your outdoor cooking abilities so that you can keep the BBQ rolling or you can gear your meals toward fall recipes.
- Grow Fall Veggies: If your favorite part of summer is tending to a wonderfully green garden, there are plenty of fall vegetables to plant so that you continue the harvest beyond summer tomatoes. Some favorite fall veggies include pumpkin, squash, cauliflower, radishes and eggplant!
- Fire Pit: There is no better way to get you into the spirit of fall than drinking cider and roasting marshmallows. If you don’t want to put in a permanent structure for fires, there are plenty of portable fire pits in Montgomery County PA to satisfy the need of every customer.
- Seasonal Parties: During the cooler months, you don’t have to focus all your entertaining on the inside of your home. Utilize your outdoor space to entertain by putting up seasonal decorations or even a horseshoe pit. Outdoor games are fun regardless of the season and make for great memories.
- Patio Heater: A fire isn’t the only way to create a little heat. There are many options for portable heaters to help warm up your autumn evenings. This is also pleasant to have during holiday parties if guests like to sit outside with a cigar or cocktail.
- Spa: Water lovers dread the end of pool season, but time in the water can continue even once the weather gets cool and crisp. A hot tub or portable spa is a wonderful way to enjoy the cool weather, water, and keep warm.